IT Tech Support / IT Manager
We are looking for a qualified IT Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
Candidate must also “train” users of the systems to improve up time. This refers to HMI and PLC interface for the staff interfacing with our Sequencing MRP software.A successful IT Technician must have a thorough knowledge of computer software, Cisco devices, Sequel Server, VM Ware, servers, Fault Tolereant configurations and other related hardware. They must also have experience with variety of internet applications, networks, WI-FI and operating systems.
The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.The goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to optimize and sustain plant operations.
This position if successfully performed can lead to upper level IT Manager opportunities.Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (drives, mice, keyboards, scanners, printers, etc.) to ensure functionality
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications for our in house and bunkered servers
- Be able to maintain servers and perform data base services to keep system running at optimum
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, VM Ware and CISCO)
Fortune 100 clients with long term commitments to ensure employee job security. Our Brokerage and automated sub assembly solutions yield zero defects and 100% supplier ratings. Become a part of that team!Check our web site at www.astraservices.com and see the world class services and sites we operate!