Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment, like metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, and automated lubrication system, following blueprints & specifications using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring instruments
- Visually inspects and listens to machines equipment to locate causes of malfunctions
- Dismantles machines & equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand/power tools
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems and tests equipment post-repair
- Realigns and adjusts components, like spindles and clutches, using hand tools following diagrams
- Locates damaged air hydraulic pipes on machine, measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipes
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot basic power distribution systems, branch circuits, lighting systems, transformers and wiring methods and materials
- Experience in troubleshooting basic relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components, photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, VFD drives, frequency and encoders
- Understanding of PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic, components and communications modules
- Repairs broken parts, using brazing, soldering, and welding equipment hand tools. Experience with MIG/ARC welding is needed
- May modify computer-controlled motion of robot, applying knowledge of program commands and using robot controller teach pendant.
- May set up and operate metalworking tools, like lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 to 4 years of On-the-job work experience as a maintenance mechanic
- Must have a strong knowledge in Electrical Troubleshooting, PLCs, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- HS Diploma and/or Vocational Training in Industrial Mechanics and/or Electrical Program.
Manufacturing, Industrial, Construction, Logistics, Production
Job Type: Full-time
- maintenance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Mechanic: 4 years (Preferred)